Taobao now accepts international payment methods
This means you have the option of buying directly from Taobao and using our warehouse when checking out, so that Taobao stores can send your purchases to our warehouse in China for us to handle the international shipping for you
3 EASY STEPS
1. Get our China warehouse address and use it when checking out on Taobao then make your purchase
2. After making your Taobao purchase(s) and the Taobao seller has sent the goods out, they will also provide a domestic shipment number (运单号) for each shipment they've sent to our warehouse - this can be found on your order details page. Send us the domestic shipment number for each purchase that you're sending to our warehouse.
3. We use the domestic shipment numbers (运单号) to identify your packages as belonging to your account when they arrive our warehouse. We'll then consolidate your Taobao purchases into a single shipment and ship internationally to you via international couriers.
Use our warehouse address when checking out on Taobao
This is the Taobao 'Add Address' page that you will need up fill up when checking out on Taobao
The 1st line asks for the country you're in. The dropdown menu refers to your country. The default country is China so leave it as China since you'll be shipping to our warehouse address. For the second box, for 省份(province) select广东. For城市select深圳. For县区select宝安and for街道select福永街道.
The 2nd line is for your full street address in China. Get our warehouse address from us then copy and paste it into this field.
The 3rd line is for the postal code of the address being shipped to. This will also be given to you when you get our warehouse address.
The 4th line is for the recipient name. This will also be given to you when you get our warehouse address.
The 5th line is for the recipient contact number. This will also be given to you when you get our warehouse address.
The 6th line is a landline number. This field is unnecessary so you can leave it blank.
Tick the box at the bottom to use this address as your default address for all future Taobao purchases.
When done, click on the orange button at the bottom to save your new address.
Sending us the Domestic Shipment Number
After you make the purchase on Taobao, send us the domestic shipment number (运单号) for each shipment being sent to our warehouse. Each purchase from a different seller will have a different domestic shipment number. We use each domestic shipment number to identify your package as belonging to you when it arrives at our warehouse in China. Here's how you check for the domestic shipment number on Taobao.
Mouse over '我的淘宝' which translates to 'my account', located left of the shopping cart on the top menu bar. In the subsequent dropdown menu, select the first option '以买到的宝贝' which translates to 'my Taobao purchases'.
On the Taobao 'my purchases' page, for each Taobao order, click on ' 查看物流' located on the right side of the page which translates to 'check shipping information'.
On the shipping information page, you will see all the tracking information pertaining to that shipment. Look for the domestic shipment number (运单号码) listed below the tracking information on the left. You will need to send this domestic shipment number to us at email@example.com. If you have made many different Taobao purchases, you can compile all the domestic shipment numbers into a single list and send it over to us via email.
How to Shop Taobao like a Local?
Enjoy the full product selection on Taobao and the lowest prices, just like a local Chinese Taobao shopper!
Here's a little guide on how to shop Taobao like a local.
Spot the Difference
How do you tell if Taobao is classifying me as a local (China-based) or a foreigner (non-China-based)?
Taobao classifies you as a local or foreigner based on your IP-Address and its geographical location. This is detected automatically by Taobao's internal systems when you visit the website. If your IP address is non-China based, Taobao will automatically show you the world.taobao.com website instead of the pure taobao.com website itself.
If you're visiting Taobao from outside of China, Taobao will automatically display the world.taobao.com site instead of Taobao.com. Below, you may also see a the flag of the country you're surfing Taobao from, or if it's not one of the listed countries, then a generic 'world' flag will be displayed.
If on the other hand you're visiting Taobao within China, Taobao will display the www.taobao.com website to you instead. You will have access to exactly the same Taobao page as locals in China do.
Why does it matter?
Why does it matter whether I'm viewing world.taobao.com or taobao.com?
Wider Variety, Selection & Lower Prices!
As any experienced Taobao shopper will tell you, there is a far wider selection of items on the generic Taobao site itself than the World Taobao site. Here's the reason. The vast majority of Taobao sellers are not on the World Taobao site and only on the generic Taobao site. Here are a couple of reasons why.
(1) They don't want the hassle of dealing with international customers, international payments and exchange rates costs. The 1.4 billion local population in China is more than large enough a market to these Taobao stores.
(2) The vast majority of Taobao sellers don't offer international shipping. They also don't wish to deal with the logistics of international shipping. Again, their local market is more than large enough to them.
As a result, limiting yourself to just the Taobao World site would be to severely limit your options when buying and sourcing from Taobao. The World Taobao site is far inferior to the generic Taobao site for these reasons:
(1) Most Taobao stores aren't on it so you don't get access to them
(2) Even among the small minority of Taobao stores featured on the World Taobao site, many of them don't offer international shipping
(3) Even among the small minority who do offer international shipping, the process is a real hassle because the default shipping costs are often very high, and you'll have to negotiate the shipping costs with the seller. Even if they do agree to lower the shipping cost, the process of them editing the shipping cost is also a real hassle for non-local to have to go through since you will still need to checkout and submit your order before they can edit the shipping cost.
(4) The Taobao stores on World Taobao sometimes price their products slightly higher than those only on the generic Taobao site because they know that foreigners are more likely to accept a higher price. Many of the bargains found with Taobao stores only on the generic Taobao site will not be available to you.
Here's an example regarding selection. A simple search for the generic word '鞋子' which means 'shoes' in mandarin returns just 100+ results on the World Taobao site, whereas on the generic Taobao site, you see 500+ results.
Just 100+ results returned on the World Taobao site
500+ results returned on the generic Taobao site, and this is only because the search term 'shoes' is overly generic. In actuality there are likely tens of millions of different shoe products on the generic Taobao site itself, but you will need more specific searches to find them
How do I get full access to Taobao?
Here's how you can get full access to the generic Taobao site instead of just World Taobao.
Just go to the country selector on the top left of the page where you see the country flag, click on the dropdown then select the second country from the top with the Chinese national flag, '中国大陆' which translates to Mainland China.
That's all you have to do. You're now on the generic Taobao site and can enjoy the full range of products and bargains than local Taobao shoppers in China all enjoy
That's it, you're all set. Enjoy Taobao in its full and original entirety, don't be limited just becaue you're outside China. After all, for whatever items you'd like to buy, just submit your order to us and we'll buy and ship it internationally to you. Break all barriers to buying and shipping internationally from China by using CNEbuys.
More about Taobao
Taobao (淘宝, Taobao.com) is easily the biggest name in ecommerce not just in China but also the whole of Asia, operating the largest ecommerce platform in the continent. According to conservative estimates, Taobao reportedly hosts more than 6.2 million online stores, known in Chinese as "淘宝店" (Taobao stores). Over the years Taobao has facilitated business-to-consumer and consumer-to-consumer retail in China by serving as a platform for businesses big and small along with individual entrepreneurs to open online retail stores. Some people describe Taobao as a C2C platform (Consumer to Consumer) with Tmall being the B2C (Business to Consumer) platform although this is not entirely true. Many Taobao store owners are also legitimate owners of physical stores and formal business who just don't wish to go through the trouble of registering their store as a formal business (with a larger deposit requirement) like they would have to on Tmall. Because Taobao store owners are not technically required to provide 'Fapiaos' (formal receipts issued to the buyer in China for tax deduction purposes) for transactions, prices tend to be lower on Taobao than places like Tmall and competitor JD.com.
Taobao is essentially synonymous with ecommerce and online shopping in China. Virtually every young person in urban China has had experience buying online or selling online on Taobao. Virtually every retailer in China has a Taobao store in one form or another. According to Taobao, about 53,000 items are sold on its website every minute. For the year ended March 31, 2013, the combined gross merchandise volume (GMV) of Taobao's Taobao.com and Tmall.com exceeded 1 trillion yuan. This stat on Taobao is likely much higher today. With close to a billion product listings, Taobao (Taobao.com) is one of the world’s top 10 most visited websites according to Alexa. At current rates of growth and with the continuing growth in China's middle class, it is likely only a matter of time before Taobao overtakes Amazon in terms of traffic volume and sales revenue.
International buyers all around the world are increasingly catching onto the trend, with many beginning to realize the multitude of value-for-money buys that a platform like Taobao offers. Many buy as consumers while others buy as re-sellers or businesses. Either way everyone realizes what a great deal it is to buy from Taobao.